This recipe is brought to you courtesy of Allrecipes.com.
- 1 1/2 cups of baby spinach leaves.
- 3/4 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Blend the spinach, basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and two tablespoons of olive oil in a food processor until nearly smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil into the mixture while processing until smooth.