- 3/4 pound ground turkey (not labeled "all breast meat")
- 1 medium Bosc pear (6 ounces), peeled, cored, and coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil for brushing skillet
- Stir together all of the ingredients, except the oil, in a large bowl until combined well.
- Form 1/4 cups of sausage mixture into patties (three inches in diameter; about eight total) using moistened hands.
- Arrange on a wax-paper-lined tray.
- Lightly brush a 12-inch nonstick skillet with oil and heat over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
- Cook the patties in batches of four, turning over once, until browned and cooked through, about six minutes per batch.
- Transfer to a plate as cooked and keep warm, covered with foil.